Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What is a good search engine?

I tested this search string: real estate investments.

Google:

image
My default search engine Google presented 546,000 results in 0.35 seconds.
Narrowing down to Singapore targeted local stories.

It was helpful in suggesting three related searches, including real estate investment portfolio and Malaysian property investments.

I like the extra features, like videos embedded in the search results, and links to Google News, etc.

 

image

Wolfram Alpha:
The search engine wasn't sure what to do with my input. But it let me know that it's better with specific rather than general queries.
Next, I tried Capitaland Singapore Profits and Capitaland Profits, but no results showed up either.
So, back to Google. I found xxx results, including this Reuters news article posted on April 23: Singapore's CapitaLand Q1 net profit falls 83 pct

image

As for Rednano:

image
Pretty useful, with results like research from investment houses like Pacific Star.

 

And what about this? It’s Newsmap, a mashup that colour-codes Google News by popularity.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment